28 October 2008

RUHE

I believe good music is that which you can associate a feeling with effortlessly, and whenever you listen to it, you get that feeling coming right through. For this reason, i despise most of the new artists who're stepping into the genre of alternative or punk rock, as they're bombarding us with totally heartless superficial music that consists of predefined guitar riffs and drums that lack punch. Most of the stuff by most of these artists feels so superficial to me, but i accept everyone has different tastes in music and its not worth arguing on this matter.
Right now, lets come to the issue of the post.
Though i'm a real big rock and metal fan, i like to experiment with different stuff. The following is not really experimentation but i stumbled upon this song.
I liked Schiller after i heard the song "I Feel You" which is a very very nice song and fits the above criteria so well. I tried his other tracks but didn't like them much back then. But then, a cousin gave me this other song called "RUHE".
Instantly i fell in love with this song and the song grew on me. The electronic/techno composition is literally very soulful. The song starts off with soft bamboo like percussions, that are composed in a beautiful beautiful but simple simple manner. Then, the song grows into a simple composition which sounds almost familiar even when you hear it for the first time. Infact, i believe many of us would remember hearing it in the background of lots of tv programmes though i cant remember which ones. Even the german lyrics, which are few and far between sound perfect.
But i still haven't mentioned the best thing about this song. This song has a very confused feeling attached to it. A bit of nostalgia, a bit of sadness, just very little hope, this song gets you thinking if you do try to understand the music you listen to. Generally, when i'm listening to song, i try to picturise it, in the form of a video. For this song, i've been thinking of some picturization, something to give it a body, but all i can imagine are memories, that make you sad. Its like images taken from your past arranged in the form of slides, mixed with blurred images of vast green fields, and raindrops, everything glum, and the images change very rapidly, so rapidly you dont get much time to contemplate. Thats how i visualise it.
By the end of the song, the electronic beats get more intense, and the little lyrics that are there sound more intense even when you dont understand german.
I'm in love with this song and the feelings it provokes.

The actual video of the song is not good. Dont watch the video. Do give this song two or three rounds of play, you'll just love it. Its beautiful.

Btw, i think i like schiller now, i downloaded all of his albums, which includes 10 versions of i feel you, lol...
Btw, i've lots of music related posts in my mind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy, do we have so much in common or what... procrastination, hate for the new punk wanabe genres of artists and did u just say Schiller...

though i would like to add here that not all electro/trance/techno music are soothing..

m.h.a said...

Lol, long lost cousins?
Yup exactly yar, i never really loved techno/electro coz it got a little monotonous after a little time...but schiller is good, and i just love prodigy. Prodigy is beautiful man, its awesome. I like david guetta too, but not many other electro/trance/techno artists. Not my cup of tea prolly. I'm generally rock/metal headed but i listen to to all kinds of stuff.

Anonymous said...

alright as it turns out i dont know how to give reviews on good music or bad music.. ehehe actually in the words of rukh "i dont know anything" :p
good job hassaan!

Anonymous said...

woah.
I'm always open to new tunes.I think I'll check that when I can.

I love your new template [I'm sure it's new, since I would've remembered 'wow'-ing at it before]

Aaaand, LOL and your reply to the question on your profile.
"choo choos are quieter"
Cracked me up!
:D

m.h.a said...

@Mubi
thanx a lot, but its not really a review is it? Just my candid comments about the song, do give it a listen, you'll love it inshaAllah

@hfm
thankyoooo, yes the template is new, but like i was telling mubi, i blog from my cell mostly and it looks plain white to me on my cell with my images turned off lol...but because you people like it, i'll keep it i think.
And its good to be open to different genres yar, broadens your horizons.
And i said choo-choos are noisier than duckies :p

m.h.a said...

@Mubi
thanx a lot, but its not really a review is it? Just my candid comments about the song, do give it a listen, you'll love it inshaAllah

@hfm
thankyoooo, yes the template is new, but like i was telling mubi, i blog from my cell mostly and it looks plain white to me on my cell with my images turned off lol...but because you people like it, i'll keep it i think.
And its good to be open to different genres yar, broadens your horizons.
And i said choo-choos are noisier than duckies :p