18 October 2008

An ode to the best of times

Its pretty hectic these days. I'm in pindi to attend maryam's wedding. I just came here to let something out.
Maryam has been with me since ages, she's been one of my closest friends, my best cousin, one the the greatest people in my life and an extraordinary sister. Tonight, was her dholki cum mehndi. I danced alot, i even managed to do a skit then i took such cute pictures with her. But after all that, its all coming back to me. All the fun times we had. All the times we fought and made up. All the pranks we played. Its all coming back to me. I feel rock bottom. Which is not right. She's going to get married, she's going away.
Ideally i should've come up and should've written everything about her, about the times we spend together, but i cant right now. I really cant.
Right now i'm having those random flashbacks, and occasionally my mind goes blank. Right now i just want to say that i'll miss her and i'll miss her bad. But she so deserves all the happiness MashaALLAH. Love her.

Its her rukhsati tomorrow inshaAllah.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i sorta kno wat u mean...my very fav cousin got married a few years back.. n since we grew up togetehr n literally spent every summer (n a lot more) together... it was hard for her to jus go away... n then your casual funny jokes are not casually funny any more n all taht... !!!

well... all in all.. .i say best wishes to your cousin n may she be happier tahn she has ever been !!!

DuFFeR ڈفرستان ۔ said...

good friends are the asset of life, i wish best of luck to your sister for rest of her life :)

Anonymous said...

Awww.
All the best for your cousin.
Marriage is such a huge transition in life, I wish her all the happiness.
I have a friend like how how you are to your cousin, and he's always worried that marriage will change our friendships, but I suppose change is inevitable at times.

Anonymous said...

the fact that you miss her so dearly is evident enough of yours unconditional brotherly love for her well-being...

such feelings are normal but to make somewhat sense of these conflicting thoughts, you should keep her happiness in your mind, picture her future and realize that she has a new life, let her walk on this new path with ease and eternal happiness...

m.h.a said...

@abdus sami, duffer, hfm, exquisite
thanks a million everyone for all your prayers...i think i was being a bit naive...i'm really happy for her...and we have to come to terms with all the big changes in life...but thats the best thing na, you can look back and say, hey can you believe i was so udaas at your wedding...lol...thanks alot again everyone...

Anonymous said...

: /