07 September 2008

My weird list (first update)

I was tagged by Mubi to write this, but still it took me a couple of days to get myself to write. My weird list can be very very long but the problem is that most of the weird things about me dont look weird to me at all, hehe, though people think otherwise! But still i'll try to have a bird's eye view at my personality and try to list the weird things about me, in no particular order obviously, and like everyone else's weird list, it will be updated whenever there's new stuff inshaAllah. So here it goes:


1. I think it would be good to get my obsessive compulsive disorders out of the way.
A) my first OCD is that i've to wash my hands until they're clean as anything, ofcourse i get into trouble with dad about that a lot of times.
B) whenever i lock the car, or any door for that matter, i have to check a number of times to be sure that it really is locked. Trust me its irritating.
C) the last one is that when i'm signing out of MSN or Facebook, i like to check it over and over again, fearing someone would steal my ID :p, thats it about the OCDs i think

2) 97% of the posts on my blog are made from my cell phone! Including this one.

3) i love to recognise the rhythm and the beat in absolutely EVERY sound i hear. I love to keep up with the rhythm in whatever way i can, foottapping, clicking of fingers, with my teeth, banging my hands on my thighs and whatnot.

4) this is related to 3 and to my love for drumming, when i'm sitting idle, i start playing beats on my thighs or with my fingers or on the table or whatever. If there are a number of different things available, i can really keep myself busy for a long time making different sounds (e.g. Two glasses with different water levels)

5) i started watching simpsons only this summer! And i just love them like anything, they're the best thing that happened to star world. And homer is the man.

6) i love texting! And i dont really like calling.

7) i have an obsession with pens. Different kinds of pens that is. When i was a kid i had collected so many pens, many of which were my dad's Parkers which i had hijacked and i wouldn't let anyone touch them and would keep them in a lock till dacoits took them away :(

8) i had an imaginary friend called Dodododa when i was in 2, and i had a telephone shaped sharpener which i and my frend used to call him/her up during our tests and exams and we thought it really helped!

9) i had six fingers on my left hand, i got the extra one removed years back, but it was a nightmare, everyone liked to touch it and play with it!

10) i dont believe in saving. I finish off my pocket money in the first 5 or 10 days!

11) i have the worst shortterm memory! Atleast these days! I remember i even forgot if i had written my roll number on my Alevels maths exam. I had written it, but i really forgot.

Here's the first update

12) My sister and i had a code phrase for whenever we were happy when were kids it was "Goochia goochia garingi garingi"

13) i dont really dance well at all but i just love dancing. The strange thing is that we've danced almost everywhere, whether its our uni bus or even model town morr! (there was a baraat passing by)

14) i have the strange strange habit of imagining myself in the place of other people i see, like putting myself in their exact places and even bodies and imagine how i'd be living my life at this time or what exactly i'd be thinking. I've done that with absolutely everyone, from beggars to famous footballers. And for that time being, i'm transformed to their worlds, and i usually return with the thought that i'm really comfortable with the life i'm in alhamdulillah.

15) triumphant scenes in sports tend to make me emotional. For example, Maldini lifting the champions trophy, or Usain bolt winning the 100m, or italy winning the world cup, or any scene for that matter.

16) i can never go out with the intention of shopping and come back successfully with something i want. That has almost never happened. I have bought most of the stuff that i was satisfied with when i was just out NOT looking for that thing and saw that something and decided to buy it. I get into trouble with mom dad alot coz of this, because whenever they go out clothes shopping with me, i end up rejecting absolutely everything. When i like something i buy it, when i dont, i just dont like it.

17) i'm writing this post in my Refrigeration and Air Conditioning lecture, and i've missed half of the lecture!
Rest to come soon

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol ... MHA .... ur imaginary friend had a funny name .... well i suffer frm OCd as well in my case i dont like gettin my hands dirty at all .... i mean i dont touch dirty things , oily food .... ur washing hands obsession is a trait of someone very famous who i stalk or ( i am obsessed with ) very famously ... well mubster if u read this she would knw ... LOL .... Whts with pens these days ..u collect em , mubster does , i do and tht other UET chap oon mubster blog does as well .... any ways cool template and alll ...i dunnno but this love for simpsons has never really struck me ...i use to watch it as a kid but not now ....

m.h.a said...

As a kid i didn't really understand simpsons i think i hate to admit that lol...but i love them now, i watched so many episodes consecutively...

And the famous person you stalk, well does that happen to be Mr steven gerrard? And btw i like getting my hands dirty, trust me i worked in a workshop for about 2 weeks during my internship and i loved getting grease on my hands...its just that when i'm washing them i like them clean, warna i've no problem with dirty hands...

And as far as my imaginary friend is concerned well yar i think i later found out there was a cartoon character by this name too, i was so happy that they copied my name...and besides, dodo is an extinct birdie as well...

Anonymous said...

ughh! whats with the font colour!! weirdo :p

Anonymous said...

@ ami
Yesh! i know who you talking of for OCD :p

@ mha
LOL...DODO what?
my imaginery friends' names were, one was 'dost' and other was 'achi'..cant recall the third name...lol...quite ethnic huh :p

#2 is shocking..really!
#1b..ehhehe my brother does that..he rechecks the locks so many times :S
#7 yippee.
#9 ooo six fingers..they used to intrigue me a lot. i had an aunt who had an extra lil toe on both feet..and that was a mystery for me:P

p.s tagging also diverts more traffic to ur blog..coz ppl who come to my blog wud click on the ur name tag and all.

Anonymous said...

how did u knw i was talkin abt him ..i mean how ... i juss cant hack dirt, oil grease on my hands i juss cant ...

Anonymous said...

LOL at the code phrase!!.. you know my brother made me learn a malwari line which was so funny! and we used to say it every time our malwari kaam wala used to come for cleaning :p


dancing for a baraat,...does that muhawara fit here, literally thou,.. 'begaani shaadi mai abdullah diwana" :p

m.h.a said...

Abdullah nae Hassaan... :p :p :p

Anonymous said...

its like a mahawra ,,,,,, i juss cant imagin u dancing at sum random wedding ..why would u want to do tht ....

m.h.a said...

@mubi
malwari? Wo konsi?
@nando
The incident i mentioned we were dancing on model town morr, bas bhangra daal rahay thay and the baraat was passing by. But i remember we went for a competition to karachi when i was in 11th to we danced at a christian wedding at the song Laal Meri Path/jhoole laal, they played a rock version but you know after a little time everyone cleared the dance floor until we were the only ones left, and then you know what happened, they politely asked us to leave :) it was some elite wedding i guess...

Anonymous said...

OMG .... i am kinda having a lughter fit here u were asked to leave in karachi ..... LOL ...... :D

Anonymous said...

wo konsi kia? line?
its so silly i cant write it here,publicly,nope! :p

LOL..thts for rest of the comments :P

m.h.a said...

@mubi
lol..how bad could it have been in malwari??? noone wud get it anyways...lol

@nando
and then we had pictures with a bride and groom at the other wedding at the hotel..we were staying at the hotel na, so bohat farig thay...

Anonymous said...

wht r u like a wedding crasher .. i mean u juss see a weddin start dancin ..... lol ....

m.h.a said...

No doesn't happen everytime, only if i like the gana and besides, i dont really dance on weddings of people i know :p i'm too bad a dancer to do that

Unknown said...

i used to post a lot from my phone too.. from my last phone.. my new one has keyboard thats not that friendly so i avoid it now

plus i also like to txt instead of callin!!!

loved da rest!

m.h.a said...

Thankyou, i think the best thing that ever happened to telecommunication was texting and wap, i mean i just love the mobility...

lost in rome said...

oh i luv to do dat, drummin.. u kno tryin to make a tune wen bangin on doors n da table.

m.h.a said...

@rohma
thanx for dropping by, yeah its cool na?? i think mashaAllah mashaAllah i am quite good at that...lol..not boasting