30 September 2008

Eid mubaaarraaaaaaaaaaak

Woaaah…just came back home..on my way back I got to know that as always, on a last minute decision, Eid has been announced tomorrow. When I read the text and simultaneously, when yasir and adeel read the texts, we gave eachother highfives and did a round of bhangra. Lol. The happy-happ-out-of-control bhangra that we’re famous for. But then the reality dawned on me…DAMN…its Eid tomorrow and there’s so much to do. Pack clothes for tomorrow (have to leave for my village after Eid prayers InshaAllah), take out my eid outfit, send so many texts, callup so many people but before all that, I wanted to wish my blog and blog readers a very happy Eid. So after wishing usman, adeel and yasir an advanced eid, exchanging triple hugs, doing the bro-eid style hug (you’ve to see it to know what I mean), here I am at my computer, and I can hear mom saying “sara din doston k sat haur abi b daikhlo” lol…that’s Pakistani moms and Eid…love u

Anyways, all the pessimism in the air has vanished, atleast for me. I mean, all of a sudden the air isn’t heavy anymore. I hope it’s the same for everyone of you. Though, thoughts of the people who were killed recently will always stay with us, but Allah gives us this great occasion to take a respite from all that’s going around us. To see positivity, to see the light, that little light in the darkness. I hope you all see it.

Oh God, I am so excited. For so many reasons. Eidi eidi eidi man…I hope I get it…though the sudden announcement of eid will dwindle the chances as I’d have gotten eid some eidi on a proper chand raat but never mind…maybe I’ll get some at my villege. Sorry but I really am greedy when it comes to eidi. I wanna buy my bvlgari!!! And I’m so excited I’m gonna wear my a-sprinkle-of-milo-in-a-glass-of-milk-ish white kurta shalwar tomorrow inshaAllah, i’m gonna look hot or what…lol...i really wanted to try it out this Friday but then it would’ve lost its novelty I think, patience is a virtue…and I’m gonna drive half of the way tomorrow inshaAllah…dunno if that’s good coz driving with dad is like an exam…shoes shoes…yeah I’ll have to do with my hush pups, the old ones, coz I didn’t go to heera mandi to buy khedis this time…too lazy..though friends were going…my hairdo and my beard is all right I think, so are my moustaches or lack of it…what’s left…something’s missing…let me think…ummm…yeah I heard the load shedding situation is kinda bad back in Hasilpur (my village, though it’s a city now but I prefer calling it village, I can relate to that more)…

Enough about my preparations, mom’s calling me…”Aao packing karo”…five more minutes and she’s gonna sacrifice me before eid-ul-adha…its first maybe I’ll get my pocket money tomorrow, with an increase…yippee…InshaAllah InshaAllah…

EID MUBARAK TO EVERY ONE…RAJJ K EID MANAO
Three hugs \o/ \o/ \o/

Got em?

P.S. the puraaanaa hassaan is back…
p.p.s. mospel babanay walon ki taraf se eid mubarak...there are gonna be so many machhars in hasilpur...eid mubarak to them as well

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

اس عید کے موقع پر اللہ تعالٰی ہمارے گناہوں سے درگزر فرمائے ، ہمیں شعور عطاء فرمائے اور پوری امت مسلمہ کو دائمی خوشیوں سے نوازے۔ اٰمین

Anonymous said...

first
EID MUBARAK!
LOl,,,mujhay lag raha meray ziyada tumhari eid ki prep thi! all good all good.
hahahaha, well the p.p.s was great!
and o woaw,i envy all those people who have villages to go back to on such occasions :/

hope you have fun. i think you already are having :p

m.h.a said...

Lol, i dunno if this is exactly fun. I've been in the car under the sun since 10 and its 3 30 now...drove for a while but dad saw my drooping eyelids and my struggle against sleep and now he has been driving. Eid before 10 was great alhamdulillah, namaz and visiting a couple of homes, was all good. Just pray i get to my village soon so i can start the real fun part, and the second part of my eid. Waisay when the sun's not this bright, the journey is not that bad.

m.h.a said...

And Khair Mubarak!