08 March 2008

Hair-raising dilemma

I really dont understand what is wrong with my hair. Infact, let me correct myself, i dont understand what people think is wrong with my hair. To explain what i mean, just let me quote two incidents that took place in the last week...these are just two of the hundreds of millions of incidents.

Incident 1:
i've gelled my hair into mountain-like spikes, but its not the typical spiky look, its more of a rough look, blown up hair, and looks cool i think...ultra cool..i enter my class room and the whole class looks at me. Okay i know i'm the only one who probably does a hairdo like that, but what's with passing smiles and giggling when i enter. The ultra drab boring mechanics of machines teacher looks at me, infact studies me...i make my way to my seat at the very back, walkin coolly. After studying about mechanical governors for almost 2 hours i think the teacher thought he needed a break. So he said :" you! Idar ao "
me: "me sir?"
he nods very lazily...i walk down to the dais...
Sir: "aapka kuch gum gya hai?"
i saw it comin
me: "no sir , kyu?"
sir: "haalat to aisi hi hai apki.kahan se atay ho?"
me: "model town sir "
sir: "to atay atay ye haal ho jata hai?"
me: "g sir actually mai sir bahir nikal k rakhta hun bus se na"
sir: "ainda se hulya theek karke ana.tmaray aur tmaray bachon k lia behtar hai."
me: "mere bachay?"
sir:"kyun? Honay nae?"
me: "inshaAllah sir"
sir:"tmay baad may samaj aye ga"

the episode ends there with the whole class looking at me and giggling but seriously,i was left perplexed as to what conclusion should i draw from the conversation i had with the teacher. The aftermath is what i'm still to see. I mean we all know uet teachers, they dont respond too well to hair and beard styles, i've even heard rumors of students failing because of them. I'm scared, just a bit.

Incident 2:
i wake up, make it a point to wet my hair just a bit, and then flatten it to an extent you could never say my hair could ever defy gravity. That sudden change is not because i am scared or anything but because i am slightly disheartened for the lack of appreciation of style at my university. Anyways i enter my classroom and am greeted by giggles, actually more than even the previous incident! Anyways i make my way to my seat and everyone inquires if i'm okay or not. Rather they asl why's my hair looking the way it is. Anyways, all that isn't doing much good to my mood, and i'm wondering if the world really is full of ungrateful people. Then, suddenly, asif zubair, who sits in the very next row speaks up

asif: "oye jani aj bara ujra ujra lag raha hai! Khair hai?"

i want to say something but i'm at a loss of words. I look at him, then i look skywards, pleading for help from God. But i know, asif's comment really is the the coup de grace!

Atleast for that week. Sigh

2 comments:

Summer Cutee said...

i told u soo ;p

u know its a pity anam duznt have classes wiv u otherwise i cudve asked her exactly wat happened ;p

Unknown said...

Why don't cha cut ur hair real short n shock em awl... give the whole uni sumfin to tawk abt :-P