26 March 2008

LVST 4 AQVA

Its so strange sometimes you dont want to write anything at all, and the sole reason for this post is that i dont want to write anything at all right now. Why? I've no answer to that question. It just seems that everytime i think about some topic to base my post upon, it seems that i've a very haphazard way of thinking. In a way that i can only think on one topic for less than 5 minutes these days. And therefore, it appears to me, that i cannot write about one particular thing for more than a paragraph these days. Thats why, i sat alone and thought about it. I came to a conclusion that if i start writing about NOTHING, after one paragraph, i might run out of ideas about nothing and then i might start writing about something!

Well i dont know the reason for this randomness of thoughts these days but i do know that one thing i've rarely been able to do is to save some money for the future. I wont be unfair and say that i've never ever saved up money, but that's happened very seldom. Anyways, take this month for example.
I came out of a shopping plaza on link road, i was really worried. That was because i really really wanted to buy the perfume called BVLGARI AQVA, i still want to, but i didn't have money. I knew it cost around 2K. I did all the calculations and realised that in order to save that much cash, i'd have to save the whole of next month's pocket money and also my daily allowances for the remainder of this month. Now, inside the shopping plaza, where i could see the object of my desire, this decision was not difficult, but just as i came out of the shop i started thinking.
"how can i live without my pocket money?"
"what'll i do everyday?"
"what'll happen to my occasional bars of chocolates that i buy?"
"what'll happen to all the extra credit that i buy with my pocket money?"
"what'll happen to my biryanis at SSC?"
"what'll i do with an empty pocket?"
the questions went on forever and i was in one of the most confusing dilemmas of my life. To help me reach a random conclusion, i texted my friends, about the options i had.
"i have to buy a perfume, but i dont have money for it right now. My option is either to stay very low for the whole month and save up money to buy it or just forget about it. What should i do?"
the responses i got were pretty surprising. Almost everyone asked me to forget about the perfume and just use my money as i normally do. Obviously awais said i should save it up to help someone out. Anyways, i already knew i wouldn't save the money anyways, but these texts helped me convince myself that i could live without the perfume. And anyways i've the miniatures that i buy every month (in the end they'll take up more money than the large bottle of the perfume)
i think i knew the end of the episode before it even again. I think i have realised that i'm a free flowing spirit, although thats not a good indication when talking about cash outflows. Saving money, when it means not spending the way i do, like letting your mobile starve without credit for days, that neiter my forte nor my habit. I tried to convince yasir to buy me the perfume and hire me as the marketing manager for our magazine (the logic was that the manager has to smell good and he'd have to buy me the perfume anyways). Infact i've been trying to plead my case to everyone, literally. I cant remember a person i haven't asked for that perfume. But i think i'll have to wait for the right person. Till then, i think its better to be a free flowing spirit than a sweet smelling one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh is that why u bought just a body spray then? :P Well itz just a perfume buddy so get ova it honestly :P or u can try saving not the whole o your pocket money but a little, lets say 200 every month. That way one day you'll have money to buy that perfume you so badly want!!