01 February 2009

An epic

Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal, Australian Open 2009 final.

4 hours 20 minutes

five sets

Rafa wins. The King loses.

At the awards ceremony:
roger: "ah, its killing me" and breaks into tears, a legend breaks into tears.

Rafa comes up, hugs him, consoles him like a brother, a friend, and
rafa: "i'm sorry roger, i know how you feel. But you know how big a champion you are, and you're one of the greatest in the history, and you will break Pete Sampras' record"

Rafa! You've won me over, love you for being so humble, and for loving the king and respecting him.

Roger! You're the king of tennis. No matter what happens, we love you!

All hail the King of Tennis, and the Matador!


P.s. I was close to tears as well...

13 comments:

Luis Portugal said...

Salut
Vous avez un bon blog.
Désolé de ne pas écrire plus, mais mon français écrit est mauvais.
Un câlin de mon pays, le Portugal

m.h.a said...

Sorry man, i dont understand portuguese i dont know why.

Unknown said...

international sports dudes r encouraged to show emotions... every team exitin world cups are exitin in tears... and all taht...

m.h.a said...

But the point is roger is no everyday player. I'd never seen him show emotions. So that was stunning. Football is obviously much more emotional, but this is the first time i saw myself that moved by a game of tennis. I think i should take emotions management 101

Anonymous said...

nadals the best :D

i wish amna reads this :p

Anonymous said...

mha, use the translator you got a new blog reader :D :D

Anonymous said...

and i think its french :p

m.h.a said...

Lol, it doesn't say anything about my blog, its prolly inviting me to another blog lol...i'll return the favour and comment in urdu! Hehe

Summer Cutee said...

Translation:
"Hello You have a good blog. Afflicted not to write more, but my written French is bad. A câlin of my country, Portugal"

he thought u were french goof!

m.h.a said...

i am french....%^*%@*^#%*@%#*^@#*&^!@&^!(@^@^%&^*@(#)*@#&_(*#_)*_)@*#)_*@*#&*)$&*@&#$*)@&#*)@&#*)@&)*#@)#@$+@+#(@#@_.....
see??

the problem is my readers wont understand it MadamE',Bonjour gourmet faux pas blah blah

Tazeen said...

Aww... I just got reminded that I stopped watching the match after three sets. My dad kept insisting that Federer would lose and that Rafa would be the champion once again. It was seriously depressing to watch it on the morning news the other day.

P.S.: Don't know much about tennis but Federer is still King in "those" ads that he shoots.

m.h.a said...

Yes federer has class written over everything he does na? i mean, superb!

Tazeen said...

Yeah but I want him to beat Rafa to pulp next time they play together... Payback time! Especially for Rafa taking away the Wimbledon :(