09 February 2009

Early morning images!

My dad's reading the Quran. I've to interrupt him to ask for money and to say goodbye, he watches me do my hair and put on a cologne. Maybe he's thinking who am i doing all that for.

My neighbour, Uncle Abdul Raheem is standing outside his gate, in a shalwar and banyan, always doing something or the other, mostly to his small bunch of plants.

The aunty at the corner, is reversing her car out of the garage, going to drop her son hisham off to college. He cant hear properly, but i heard he's a pretty good footballer.

As i cross the gate of the TNT colony, which is adjacent to my street, i look at the Suzuki Dabba which i once had to push as it broke down early morning, and i feared getting late for the bus. In the end, i managed to catch the bus but had to catch my breath later.

At the end of the street, i've to turn right, but i take a look to the left, at that pretty girl's car standing outside her house. Sometimes there is some activity around the car, giving me a little hope of her glimpse but almost invariably, its her father cleaning the car or something. By that time, i get a little restless about my bus, because i've missed it many times due to my wandering spirit!

As i turn right, i see either salman uncle or his father cleaning their blue vespa scooter. Its always an awkward moment as i get confused between waving my hand or nodding my head or saying Salam aloud, but in the end, it never really matters. Either, they dont even look up, or even if they do, the eye contact lasts a second so its over before it starts.

Afnan's bhai's car is always being dusted outside his place. Once i asked him who does it, he said, they've hired a guy to do it,i wondered how khwar but then everyone has their means of earning attached to someone else's needs. Sometimes, just as i'm passing his house, afnan bhai steps out of his door and joins me for a short walk to our stop.

As i look to the left, there's the famous doongi ground, and it always carries a scene which i normally dont get to see anywhere else. There're people running with their dogs and surprisingly, with their lambs! Its a funny funny scene as the lambs pant to keep up with their owners and the owners pant to keep up with the dogs! respectively that is.

Finally, i see a trio walking towards me, 3 elderly uncles, always engrossed in some discussion or the other walk towards me. If they see me, we exchange greetings, but usually they're pretty busy. I only know one of these guys, the other two, i always wonder who they are.

And my bus stop is here. All the above images tag my way as i walk from my place to my bus stop which is hardly two hundred metres away. Its funny how detailed my surroundings are so early in the morning.

But one image i'm really scared of is the bus driving away and i can only watch it from a distance. This happens sometimes. Some freakin times.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

weirdly this post brought back a lot of memories :D !!!

n none of them has anythin to do with your post... lol

Anonymous said...

hmm nice..but weirdly they are related to cars :p i liked the doongi ground :D and the blue vespa one..

m.h.a said...

You know, when i got out of my home today, i decided to check how many of these i'd see today, and i think the success rate was almost 90%, except there was no movement near that pretty girl's house, and my neighbour wasn't tending to his plants and i didn't see the three uncles. Lol...the rest was the same...the vespa wala most visible

Summer Cutee said...

no wonder u miss ur bus sooo much!!:P

Tazeen said...

*Surprised* Wow... what a beautiful morning! Sans watching the bus speeding away, of course.

m.h.a said...

Lol, yes you're right tazeen, that is one sore sight i swear. Thanx by the way for visiting and welcome to my blog.

Tazeen said...

Thanks for the welcoming committee :P