17 August 2008

My diaries

I sat down last night in my room, opened my drawer and found 2 old diaries. I had a habit of writing a diary though i was pretty irregular. Anyways, i took the diaries out and decided to go through them.
The two diaries were from the years 2001 and 2002. I remember dad's patient Saeeda Auntie used to give us the Abn Amro diaries every year that were absolutely very cool. And every year i used to attack and capture them. I did that for many years and i think i'll have to look for the other diaries too.
Anyways, reading the old diaries was a bit of a mixed experience. The 2001 diary was strange. I think i was really immature back then in terms of writing diaries because i wrote stuff like "i woke up, went to school, had dinner blah blah" i mean very basic stuff that everyone knows we do even if we dont write. Lol. But there were days that were a bit sad, saying " i had a fight with mom and got scolded by dad too" and things like that. And there were days that ended real well. Mostly, it was about my days at school. And i just found out yesterday that i had a troubled O levels or atleast the first year. But all in all, the diary lacked much feeling other than related to school, i dont know why. Maybe because i didn't know at that time that you could vent out your feelings in the diary. Or maybe, a 13 year old boy was too entangled in getting settled in his new school that he didn't know what else to write about.
Anyways, the second diary was a beautiful thin one from GlaxoSmithKline (dad's a doctor buhuhaha). Although i wrote on very few pages of the diary but it was written in a much better way, even the handwriting was better. I was surprised one year could make such a difference. Anyways, as i noticed, school got much better, but still i couldn't believe i was reading my own diary! I swear, i used to be so different. Anyways, that diary had a bit of everything, fights with friends, family, teachers lol. And yeah, the sports day as well. But the strangest thing was about my crush on a cousin of mine. I wrote about the mails i sent and how happy i was to get the replies. Lol. That was kind of embarrassing. And then i somewhere wrote even about the anticipation of having a chat with her and planning for that! I dont remember which diary was it. Lol. But it was all cute. I never thought at that time i could talk about all that.
So a peek into my past was a very mixed experience. Although i found it a little entertaining, but i also found out how much i've changed. And i'm probably the exactly opposite person in a lot of ways. And i found out i always got into trouble with mom and dad lol i still do. And me and maheen (sis) always had fights we still do. But what i felt the most was the need to start writing the diary again. I think now's the correct time to start writing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...you know which part im referring to :p

m.h.a said...

Haha no mje nae pta chala :p..lol. I'm much more open about laughing it off now...lol

Anonymous said...

my friend u betrayed your diary...how cud you reveal the secrets entrusted by ur diaries :p :p
lol

m.h.a said...

Actually it was the other way sound. I entrusted it with my secrets, lol.

Anonymous said...

hehehe oo my bad!!, i meant that you kept your dark secrets within its pages hidden away from the world...how cud you spill everything out.. :p
wasnt the poor diary worth your trust?

m.h.a said...

Maybe it was worth my trust. Actually i just found out the secrets wont do me any harm if i let them out...and btw the blog is a brother of the diary...its just more social...balke wo b nae, for the past how many posts only you've been commenting on my blog lol...so the secrets still a secret lol...

Anonymous said...

:D

Unknown said...

lets exchange diaries sometime! :P

m.h.a said...

@kulsoom
Haha yeah sure you post me yours i'm sure yours would be much more juicy now wouldn't it be? Lol..

yasir said...

hissi i wish i had known that i was supporting ur crush...:D
remember..
"yaar its urgent need a warid card"

m.h.a said...

It wasn't her idiot...ye bohat puraaaani baat hai