01 July 2008

Beginning of a day.

"Shit!" i looked at my cell phone. It was 8:07 am, and i missed my fajr prayers and i was late for office. One whole hour late. Other than the digital clock of my phone, i saw 5 missed calls. Obviously from mama papa, they were waking me up at fajr and then later for office. I was wondering how the hell did i miss 5 calls without knowing, but i was wrong i think. I checked my recieved calls and apparently i did recieve a call from mama at 5:00 am. But i really didn't remember. I still dont!
Anyways i had no time for luxuries such as a bath, so i just brushed my teeth, put on a pair of jeans, my safety shoes, didn't even bother to change the shirt i slept in, skipped the breakfast, left my room as dirty as it was, and started walking briskly towards the offices. I never knew my stay at the office today would be just about half an hour long!
After greeting everyone at the workshop, i went inside the office to meet Faisal Sahab (my boss) and ustad Kareem Buksh.
"sir aj to wakaey kuch nae krnay ko" is said after settling down on a seat.
"kyun karim buksh pk2 pe kaam nae ho raha?" Sir Faisal asked ustad karim buksh.
"sir ho raha hai"
"to hassaan uspe chalay jao"
"sir uske parts to aj machinist k pass janay hain" i said, with an air of achievement i dont know why.
"oh! Chalo wo machinist k pass sukkur janay hain tum wahan chalay jao" decided sir Faisal.
Instantly, i was apprehensive, i didn't even have breakfast in the morning and i wasn't feeling too good.
"sir wapsi kb hogi?" i inquired
"yahi koi rat k 1 2 baje" ustad karim buksh said smiling.
"nae nae you'll be back by 8 inshaAllah" sir Faisal said.
"sir i haven't had breakfast even, khana milay ga na?"
"haha wo to khudi khana b paray ga aur khilana b paray ga" sir Faisal seemed amused with the whole proposition.
"sir who's going waisay? "
"ustad sikandar" he said
now ustaad sikandar is the senior mechanic i've been with all the last week, so maybe it was a consolation. But on the other hand, i was still apprehensive, coz i know ustaad and his habits.
Anyways i got out of the office to look for ustaad and found him sitting shotgun in a hilux, with two other people, i rapped on the window and told him i want to go too. He seemed happy, so after informing ustad karim buksh i really was going, we set out on our journey. This journey was going to dispell many of my misconceptions about sindh and confirm still many more. Anyways, right now i'm sukkur bound, and we've just crossed panu akel. I was listening too ruhe 2 by schiller. There's one very stupid problem, my 3 companions only speak sindhi when talking amongst themselves, they speak urdu only when they address me. So, i've been listening to them all the time, all the way, without understanding what they're talking about. I swear its very very IRRITATING!

6 comments:

Summer Cutee said...

start talking to urself ina language of ur own and the rest of the comments later
oh and i wont be able to msg u coz im outta credit and free msgz...ttyl

Summer Cutee said...

whew!! finally nets started working!!!
hey get me some souvenir from sukkur...like some lather accessory or a ceramic pot or sth pleaseeee!!
oh and try to learn their language na kaano main tootna laga ke baith jaoge tou kaun tumse baat kerna chahy ga hain?

Summer Cutee said...

oh and i got late as well today but seriously it was no biggie becoz there was still no body in that office!!

m.h.a said...

Sukkur was closed coz of a strike. So we went straight to the rig, its near shikarpur in koonj. And frankly, the only souvenier i can get you is some excavated mud and prolly i can fill my mouth with some gas, and then bring it back to you...lol...but they're still drilling and haven't reached the gas level yet

Anonymous said...

lol @ rukh's idea of talking in a language of ur own. shud try that sometime :P

m.h.a said...

Sigh its not that easy with all the "baroo masloo chokroo kaproo" goin around