30 May 2009

humari librari and other stories

I’ve never been in the computer section of my university library for a proper reason. A proper reason would be something related to engineering or my course work etc, since the library is called National Library of Engineering Sciences. Initially I’d facebook here but some sadistic administrator banned it. Though blogger is still safe from the guy.
When you are in the midst of so many computers and so many people you are bound to look around. I mean stealing glances doesn’t hurt does it?? The first thing you’d notice is that there are separate rows for girls and guys. Initially I thought the restriction was only self imposed by the students, but that day, an unsuspecting pair of opposite gender were working on a single computer (the girl was instructing the guy as is normally the case at uet) when the sadistic admin arrived

“Aapko pata hai ye yahan allowed nahi hai??”
“Sir Kaam kar rahay hain”
“Sorry, uth jain aaap”

so much for an interactive society.

That same day, I noticed this pretty girl using facebook in the library. I so wished the admin would catch her red handed, which he did, haha, it was kind of embarrassing bnut that very thing happened to me too a few days ago, he was like

“Appko pata hai facebook allowed nai hai yahan??”
“Nai sir”
“Chalain ab to band karain”

!@%%%#@#@ . whats with not letting people relax.

One good thing about this section of the library is that almost always its air conditioned, whatever happens, they don’t switch the ACs off, for the sake of computers I guess, I sometimes think what would the admin say if I sat here all day pretending to do work. Its too boring an idea to give it a try but I think I’ll convince someone to try that out for me :p

Now I’m not really a show off but sometimes, showing off your talent isn’t too bad. Most of the people here are actually looking at their keyboards looking for letters, then poking at them with single index fingers, get the idea??? Pretty bad typing speeds. Someone once told me

“ye typing tutors se speed nai ziada hoti, chatting se ziada hoti hai”

so using msn in the olden times worked then! This dude sitting on the next computer was also a victim of lack of instant messaging experience so while he looked for words and handled the mouse rather UNdexterously, it made it a point to type real fag as seldom at the keyboard as I could and making CLICK CLICK noises with the keys. Although I must admit the keyboard is so pathetic that I’m hating it and wondering if all the vanity is really worth it…btw, just in case people might be wondering, I don’t type too well, just a case of ANDHON MAY KAALA RAJA :p :p :D :D

Btw, I’m in really high spirits these days coz my team won the UEFA Champions League. All Hail FC Barcelona…..FORCA BARCA.... I mean I’ve been in pure ecstasy these past 2 days, dancing alone infront of the tv, texting people like crazy, I cant stop I just cant stop. We are the first Spanish team to get a treble, La Liga, Copa Del Rey and the Champions League, and that too after beating Man United 2-0 in the final. Carles Puyol the captain played like a true captain, and a true Catalan. I mean wow. And Messi, the kid is magical. I have a shair for him to end the post with

“Zara dekho to Faraz, ajab naat hai ye kaisi
Ferdinand aur O Shea k beech se header maar gaya Messi”


Waah Waah Muqarrar

12 comments:

Unknown said...

o kia yaad kera dia laalay :D

i used to go study in the reference section back in the days.... it was a great place to study.. thanda thanda :D

and fairly peaceful i suppose!

tho i hate public keyboards...

wesaiy humaray zamanay mai to banned things were properly banned... didn even work throo proxies!

Anonymous said...

and so while u were trying to type and look cool you made a few typos :p

m.h.a said...

@ sami
yup its still cool though ACs late on kertay hain, and waisay the rest is banned, \dunno why dont they ban facebook that way, they've to catch people. thats how its banned

@mubi
typos??? yaar the backspace button was irritating i think uski waja se typo hongi coz wo phass jata tha

my word veri is sindus, haha

Unknown said...

Internal tharrakpanna perhaps if u kno wat i mean!!

lost in rome said...

oh i can type very fast n dont make too many mistakes but but not while lookin at the screen!! mujh se tuo nai type hota begair dekha

m.h.a said...

@rome
you know wat your name reminds me 4 days ago, the champions league final was held in rome, sorry bringing football again. Btw i dont type that fast and certainly not while looking at the screen. I said k i am faster than most people around me lol

Unknown said...

chattin did teach me to touch type !!!

Anonymous said...

i can type without looking at the keys better actually..when i look at them i m like oh shit why is the ABC so mixed up :p

and my word veri is 'arest' :p

Misbah said...

i used to be in the library most of the time in my first year but this semester,did not even peeped into the computer section once thanks to our department's computer lab...you can even visit facebook there..its not banned !
n yes barca won and i was the most happiest person in lalazar the other day of the match u know why :p

m.h.a said...

Finally you come, lol, yar i wish mechanical too had such a library, its one of the biggest departments and library hi nae, every other department has it, khair facebook i guess isn't really a problem, i have my cell anyways...
And yes i know you were really happy that day, but imagine my happiness i've watched the final 5 times! And i just love the scene where puyol lifts the trophy.

Traunt said...

Awsum article, awful shair!

Traunt said...

awsome article, awful shair!